Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fascinators workshop 2011-02-08

My friend Heather and I got together to make fascinators last night. We had fun and were proud of our creations. It took us about 2 hours to do 4 fascinators (2 head band, 2 combs).
We abandoned using clips and barrettes as you need a sizable base to affix the adornments.

SUPPLIES LIST: hot glue gun and glue sticks, plastic head bands, plastic combs, feathers, faux flowers, ribbon, gauze, faux gems, faux pearl sprays, tea and cookies (for the crafters).


 FASCINATOR EXAMPLE HOW TO:
STEP 1: Hot glue feather set directly to base of hair comb. Use plenty of glue at all times, as the finished product can be heavy and you will need the support.

Step 2: Hot glue rose leaves on top of feather set base.


Step 3: Hot glue large faux rose to the comb.


The finished product! I would totally wear this with any of my many black ensembles.
Some snaps of the other fascinators we made:
I call this one "The Rooster"

Heather's beautiful creation on a head band


Another gorgeous comb designed by Heather
I know my 5 year old daughter will enjoy playing dress up with these beauties and my colleagues will be admiring the red rose one which I plan to wear to our next management meeting!
Please contact me if you are interested in more information on how to make fascinators, or would like to purchase one of the creations featured in this article. I can also make a bespoke fascinator specially for your next special occasion or outfit. Be fascinating!

1 comment: